I can debug smaller Fortran apps on Windows 10
Lynn McGuire
2023-02-07 22:49:44 UTC
I can debug smaller Fortran apps on Windows 10 ! I just tried debugging
my 100,000 line F77 plus 50,000 line C/C++ app on Windows 10 x64 Pro.
Works just fine, I can set breakpoints and run to cursor on F77 code.

So, somewhere between 100,000 lines of F77 code and 650,000 lines of F77
code (my main app), the OW 1.9 debugger fails to honor breakpoints or
run to cursor in F77 code. Weird. Sounds like an offset is getting
partially overwritten somewhere in the larger code app.

Thanks,
Lynn McGuire
Paul S Person
2023-02-09 15:44:35 UTC
On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 16:49:44 -0600, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
I can debug smaller Fortran apps on Windows 10 ! I just tried debugging
my 100,000 line F77 plus 50,000 line C/C++ app on Windows 10 x64 Pro.
Works just fine, I can set breakpoints and run to cursor on F77 code.
So, somewhere between 100,000 lines of F77 code and 650,000 lines of F77
code (my main app), the OW 1.9 debugger fails to honor breakpoints or
run to cursor in F77 code. Weird. Sounds like an offset is getting
partially overwritten somewhere in the larger code app.
Does the main app include any C/C++? Just asking.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian
of family right."
Lynn McGuire
2023-02-10 03:14:21 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
I can debug smaller Fortran apps on Windows 10 ! I just tried debugging
my 100,000 line F77 plus 50,000 line C/C++ app on Windows 10 x64 Pro.
Works just fine, I can set breakpoints and run to cursor on F77 code.
So, somewhere between 100,000 lines of F77 code and 650,000 lines of F77
code (my main app), the OW 1.9 debugger fails to honor breakpoints or
run to cursor in F77 code. Weird. Sounds like an offset is getting
partially overwritten somewhere in the larger code app.
Does the main app include any C/C++? Just asking.
Yes. The main app is a single C function. The main app calls a DLL
with a Fortran entry point and F77 / C / C++ code in it.

And the debugger quit working on the F77 when I restarted the debugger.
I suspect that I can get it to start working by rebooting.

Sigh.

Thanks,
Lynn