"Paul S Person" wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...
On Tue, 28 May 2019 12:09:55 -0500, "Marty Stanquist"
Post by Jiri Malak
I found out that all wiki internal links are broken.
It is probably cased by changing WEB server instance name to
wiki.openwatcom.org but wiki links rely on www.openwatcom.org
It is necessary relink all wiki internal links to point to proper WEB
server instance name.
I'm able to navigate through the Wiki normally using IE, Edge, Chrome,
Firefox and Opera on Windows 10. These are the browsers and OS that I test
the website on. Would you be able to provide an example, also noting the
browser and OS you're having the trouble with?
1. Go to http://wiki.openwatcom.org/index.php/Wgml
Note appearance of "wiki" in the URL. This is not an internal link.
2. Find the entry "3.2 Notes on Terms" and to there. Note that the URL
also has "wiki" in it. This is also not an internal link.
3. At the bottom of the section, note the text "member files". Note
the HTTP error 404 you get when you click on it. The URL is
Note the use of "www" in it. This /is/ an internal link.
Further checking suggests that internal links to full pages also use
"wiki" rather than "www" and so work. Only those to sections within
pages (those with "#" after the page name) have this problem.
There are a lot of these lying about, I believe. It is possible that I
set the internal links up badly; it has been so long that I really
don't remember. Searching for them manually would take up a lot of
time better devoted (IMHO) to wgml itself. The wiki's "search" box is
ineffective: the search is far to inelligent to actually find all
instances of, say "[http://wiki.openwatcom.org/, but has no trouble at
all finding many partial (and so irrelevant) matches. Typical.
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."
I found one also when working with the license renewal:
The web server has URL redirects that support the Wiki. Obviously, there's a
case that fails and I need to review this.