How to see debug output messages?
2012-11-05 20:39:53 UTC
I built with

DEBUG_BUILD=1
DOC_BUILD=0

and got most of a tree in rel2... so there's a rel2/binnt and in
rel2/binnt there's a wcc386.exe and a wccd386.dll; but I don't see any of
the message text for example...

#ifndef NDEBUG
EchoAPI( "DBLocalType( %s, %i)\n", sym, kind );
#endif

should have some text the contains 'DbLocalType' but that only occurs in
the .sym files....

What have I missed for building debug?
Hans-Bernhard Bröker
2012-11-06 20:50:06 UTC
Post by J
I built with
DEBUG_BUILD=1
DOC_BUILD=0
and got most of a tree in rel2... so there's a rel2/binnt and in
rel2/binnt there's a wcc386.exe and a wccd386.dll; but I don't see any
of the message text for example...
I don't think you should be looking for the debug version of the
compiler in rel2. Not too hard anyway. Some tools, including the
compiler, build both a debug and release version. The debug version
then is not put into rel2. It stays in, e.g., bld\cc\dnt386.386.