Building fail...
2012-07-12 18:51:28 UTC
Looks like I should be able to modify setvars.bat to the current directory
and watcom installation and then use build.cmd to build; actually looks
like a process is run that creates a myvars.cmd that has that updated...

I was going to suggest that set OWROOT be set to

set OWROOT=%dp0

which would be the current path that the batch file was called from...

But anyhow building is trying to build OS2 peices and I don't have OS2
header installed in my base installation...

========== 11:48:15 M:\openwatcom\openwatcom\bld\w32loadr\prebuild
==========
Copying 'M:\openwatcom\openwatcom\bld\w32loadr\prebuild\w32bind.exe' to
'M:\openwatcom\openwatcom\bld\build\binnt\w32bind.exe'...
cc loader.obj
..\loader.c(45): Error! E1055: Unable to open 'os2.h'
..\loader.c(434): Error! E1022: Missing or misspelled data type near
'PEXCEPTIONREGISTRATIONRECORD'
..\loader.c(435): Error! E1022: Missing or misspelled data type near
'ULONG'
..\loader.c(438): Error! E1116: An id list not allowed except for function
definition
..\loader.c(441): Error! E1127: Type required in parameter list
Frank Beythien
2012-07-12 19:34:55 UTC
Post by J
Looks like I should be able to modify setvars.bat to the current
directory and watcom installation and then use build.cmd to build;
actually looks like a process is run that creates a myvars.cmd that has
that updated...
Yes, build.cmd tries to create a myvars.cmd for your environment. You
can modify setvars yourself if you know what you are doing. Look at te
comments in build.cmd.
Post by J
I was going to suggest that set OWROOT be set to
set OWROOT=%dp0
which would be the current path that the batch file was called from...
OWROOT must point to your ow rootdir it looks like yours is
M:\openwatcom\openwatcom

First it does not fit into 8.3 naming conventions (I'm not sure they
still apply), second the duplicate openwatcom makes the path unnecessary
long which may lead to problems later. I suggest to use
set OWROOT=M:\OW
The same is true for the WATCOM variable, use a short name
set WATCOM=X:\OW19 or so.
Post by J
But anyhow building is trying to build OS2 peices and I don't have OS2
header installed in my base installation...
If you run build.cmd without parms then OW is built for all targets.
This requires that you have selected all targets during installation.
Hans-Bernhard Bröker
2012-07-12 19:40:39 UTC
Post by J
But anyhow building is trying to build OS2 peices and I don't have OS2
header installed in my base installation...
So install them, or refrain from trying to build the entire thing. The
build process has optional arguments that allow to restrict what you're
actually building. Start by reading readme.txt in the top of the source
tree.
2012-07-13 15:55:58 UTC
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:40:39 -0700, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker =
But anyhow building is trying to build OS2 peices and I don't have OS=
2
header installed in my base installation...
So install them, or refrain from trying to build the entire thing. Th=
e =
build process has optional arguments that allow to restrict what you'r=
e =
actually building. Start by reading readme.txt in the top of the sour=
ce =
tree.
I swear I looked for a readme... I knew there was more info available th=
an =

just the batch files, sorry

-- =

Bartosz Polednia
2012-07-12 20:40:34 UTC
Post by J
Looks like I should be able to modify setvars.bat to the current
directory and watcom installation and then use build.cmd to build;
actually looks like a process is run that creates a myvars.cmd that has
that updated...
I was going to suggest that set OWROOT be set to
set OWROOT=%dp0
Try:

set OWROOT=%dp0%

Bartosz.
Hans-Bernhard Bröker
2012-07-12 21:19:34 UTC
Post by Bartosz Polednia
Post by J
I was going to suggest that set OWROOT be set to
set OWROOT=%dp0
set OWROOT=%dp0%
Actually, I think you're both wrong. The thing you're both looking for is

set OWROOT=%~dp0

which sets OWROOT to the drive and path of the name of the batch file it
occurs in --- on those platforms where it is supported. Which I suspect
isn't enough of them for us to just assume we can use it.
2012-07-13 15:55:08 UTC
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:19:34 -0700, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker =
Post by J
I was going to suggest that set OWROOT be set to
set OWROOT=3D%dp0
set OWROOT=3D%dp0%
Actually, I think you're both wrong. The thing you're both looking fo=
r =
is
set OWROOT=3D%~dp0
right :) mine was a typo