New OW Server and Website
Marty Stanquist
2015-06-20 05:49:12 UTC
Are we back online?!

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Perforce Software
Inc. for all the time, effort, and resources expended in getting us a new
project server. If you have not heard, our original server was attacked
severely by a web-bot which took over the OS running on the machine. Our
project data remains intact, but the disk could not be allowed to boot again
on the ISP's network due to the rogue nature of the attack. To provide us
with a much more secure and manageable server, a decision was made to get us
a new, more capable machine. We're now running on an Intel i5 based server
with a new and secure 64-bit OS. Our original project disk has been
piggy-backed into the system temporarily to allow us to get the data copied
over and the apps back online. This work is ongoing. The Perforce server is
currently up and running but undergoing testing. I'd like to ask that the
general community WAIT FOR THE ALL-CLEAR to be given prior to use.
Hopefully, this will be soon. With this posting, I'm also hoping that the
News Server is back online as well. Bugzilla and the Wiki will take more
work. I'll try my best to keep everyone in the loop as to the progress being
made.

Thank you for your patience,

Marty
Marty Stanquist
2015-06-20 06:04:41 UTC
"Marty Stanquist" wrote in message news:mm3nh9$oh6$***@66-226-74-169.phx.dedicated.codero.com...

[...]

Testing One Two Three... Alpha Bravo Charlie...

Marty