OW news server issue
E. S. Fabian
2012-12-09 17:53:10 UTC
OW news server is again very slow responding...
Steve
Christof Meerwald
2012-12-10 09:25:33 UTC
Post by E. S. Fabian
OW news server is again very slow responding...
So have you tried some of the things I mentioned last time (like
accessing the web site at the same time or trying to use a different
news server)?

Christof
http://cmeerw.org sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
E. S. Fabian
2012-12-11 14:13:57 UTC
Christof Meerwald:

| > On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 12:53:10 -0500, E. S. Fabian wrote:
| >> OW news server is again very slow responding...
| >
| > So have you tried some of the things I mentioned last time (like
| > accessing the web site at the same time or trying to use a different
| > news server)?

No. Outlook Express on both of my systems is set to the OW server, with
automatic downloading of new posts periodically on whichever I am using.
Switching to another server would not keep a single file for all downloaded
posts from a single NG. It would also require downloading posts already
here.

Accessing the website is OK. However, PING reports over 300ms average ping
time. Traced the issue to very slow service by my ISP. Supposed to be fixed
within a few days. Will report what happens once the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your assistance!
--
Steve