Open Watcom 2.0?
Lynn McGuire
2013-01-23 00:50:45 UTC
So is Open Watcom 2.0 going to be released?

Thanks,
Lynn
Marty Stanquist
2013-01-24 01:59:54 UTC
Yes. But it will be a major overhaul of the project including language,
library, host, target, and gui ehnancements. It's possible that it could be
released late this year if enough progress were made on the various
components. I'll try to get a roadmap identified so the project goals are
visible to everyone.

Marty

Lynn
Marty Stanquist
2013-01-24 17:02:57 UTC
For the intermediate releases 1.9x, I need to see if we can do the release
with just the command line P4 client. If P4V is truly needed, this will
require a Perforce server upgrade, which make break access for OS/2. I have
additional machines now. So I can set up a Perforce server and test the
latest Perforce release against the Win 2000 client being used by our OS/2
users. I still don't have OS/2 installed and will get with Mensys again to
hopefully make progress on this.

Regards, Marty

Lynn
Lynn McGuire